the front page.
|C-DOT Bicycle and Pedestrian Connectivity Workshop
|Charlotte Department of Transportation
Are you just a passenger? Or will you help steer Charlotte’s transportation future?
· Do you get frustrated sitting in traffic?
· Is there an intersection that really bothers you?
· Are you tired of hitting the same old pothole everyday?
· Would you be happier if your child could bike or walk to school?
· Do you wish Charlotte had more bicycle facilities?
· Ever wonder if Charlotte could be a more pedestrian friendly community?
· Did you know that City staff is recommending $3.5 Billion be spent over the next 25-years to address these issues?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you need to learn more about Charlotte’s first, comprehensive 25-year transportation plan, known as the Transportation Action Plan (TAP), and get involved.
How can I get involved?
Everyone in Charlotte is impacted by at least one of the transportation improvements the TAP requests – whether it’s congested roads, potholes, a need for more transportation choices, neighborhood traffic calming, bicycle and pedestrian access or transit.
Here’s how you can learn more, get involved and help steer Charlotte’s transportation future:
Read the TAP.
Take a quick, transportation priorities & funding survey. Tell us what issues are important to you, and which ones you believe deserve funding.
Attend a workshop on February 18 or 25, or March 18 or 25. Learn more about the TAP, ask questions and provide your unique perspective. Invite others to participate. Forward this e-mail. Invite friends, co-workers and neighbors. Help get others involved.
Visit http://cdot.charmeck.org for workshop logistics and directions, to take the survey and for a draft of Charlotte’s TAP.
If you have any questions not answered in this e-mail, or on the CDOT Web site, please contact Dan Gallagher, CDOT Transportation Planner, at 704.336.4984.
Charlotte Department of Transportation
Back to the front page.